The new Blade Uni Control Bar V3 has arrived and it's amazing! For the past 2 years, Blade have been hard at work developing the already hugely respected V2 and they've come up with the next generation - a top quality kite bar that does everything superbly. They took advice from top riders from all kitesurfing disciplines and have produced a bar that is not only the lightest on the market, but one of the simplest and safest designs around.
Once again, Blade have tested, redesigned and re-engineered every part so that you can be sure you're getting what we think is the best bar on the market currently. Some of the features we really love include:
- Line de-twister - a fantastic design which means you don't need to manually spin the front line swivel - just pull the bar down and your lines untwist - simple!
- Below the bar swivel - means the line de-twister works perfectly to ensure your lines are sorted 100% of the time.
- Light weight - the lightest bar with integrated floats on the market - just 318g. Strength with lightness from the CNC aluminium centre insert.
- 100% activation safety quick release - 5 other brands are implementing Blade's design because this safety release is simply the best on the market. Just 5kg pull for a load of over 200kg.
- Ergonomic bar - don't ignore yor body shape. Just raise your arms up without holding a bar. Now check the line of your knuckles - the UniBar is angled perfectly slightly upwards, just like your hands.
- Adjustable cleat - riders have different arm lengths and stance so the bar throw is adjustable to suit you.
- Magnetic depower strap - stop the strap bouncing around in front of you by sticking it to the cleat with the powerful integrated magnet. A great little design feature.
- Front-to-back dual grip layer - the extra layer of grip to keep you comfortable for longer.
- Suicide ring and safety line swivel - you can use your UniBar in safety or suicide mode and the safety system works exactly as it should in both modes.
- 19 + 4m lines - normally flown with 23m lines, you can chose to use just 19m if you prefer.
Check out this great 2019 review which includes the Blade V3 Kite Control Bar: Tkb Review "a good mix of functional features combined with a good comfortable grip"