The Blade Uni-bar V2 was 2 years in design and can only be explained as having the best bits of any bar we have seen all combined. In fact it was so impressive that kiteworld magazine ran a 4 page feature on its design. Every part of this bar has been thought out, tested, tweaked, and redesigned until it was what we think is easily the best kitesurfing bar on the market today. Almost everything is custom moulded with few off the shelf parts. Anyone who has tried it loves it.
Here's what we like about it from the bottom up :
- The Chicken loop is moulded super strong TPE-X , and It will take a 200kg easily.
- The DD is off at an angle making it easy to hook in after a wake styled unhooked trick.
- The Chicken loop system stays rigid when unhooked.
- The Quick release is silicone coated so is super grippy when wet.
- The Y shape gives extra leverage so you can release really easily but never unexpectedly. It all goes back together smoothly and quickly without any parts that can fall off , rust or wear excessively.
- The bar uses a one piece aluminium core for light weight strength. It has a slight angle to give extra leverage and reduce fatigue.
- Switch between 44cm and 52cm bar lengths.
- The Bar throw is adjustable.
- The swivel is a ceramic one so it won't seize up after 6 months use.
- The middle lines are fitted with the FL-14 model, which are slightly thicker but stretch 70% less than standard ones. The FL-10 is used for the outer lines, which lowers the overall weight and still maintains integrity. In short , top rate lines only seen on north kites previously.
For more info visit the Uni-Bar mini site below